You can, but it’s not very good at it – you’d be better off using toilet cleaner. CocaCola contains phosphoric acid, which gives it its tangy taste, and the acid can help clean off dirt. You get the same effect if you use other acidic foods and drinks, like lemon juice. However, CocaCola isn’t effective at killing germs, and there are lots of products that are much better at cleaning.
More on Journey
- How many calories are there in a 320ml can of Coca‑Cola Classic?
- Does Coca-Cola Singapore only make sparkling soft drinks?
- Can I drink Coca‑Cola if I have diabetes?
- Is it true that eating Coke with durian can cause death?
- Is it true that you can die from eating Mentos and drinking Coke at the same time?